We would like to welcome Jackie Hodgkinson to our team – Jackie has a wealth of experience in Safeguarding. Working in the Local Authority for over 13 years from front line in Child Protection and Safeguarding to writing policies and procedures, along with being an accredited safeguarding trainer. Jackie has delivered a wide range of training to multiple agencies and statutory, public, private and voluntary sectors from Safeguarding, Child Sexual Exploitation, Prevent, Domestic Abuse and Adult at Risk training. Jackie is joining Insight HR Limited as a safeguarding training consultant and I am sure you will join us in welcoming her to our team.
Jackie can deliver a host of training courses and also meet any bespoke requirements you may have.
A range of the courses Jackie can deliver are detailed below:
|Safer Recruitment||Delivered by an accredited Safer Recruitment Trainer, this
comprehensive course aimed at those with no prior experience of Safer Recruitment;
· Develops an understanding of the necessity of safer recruitment, and how this helps deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
· Identifies safer recruitment practices
· Explains safer recruitment procedures step by step
· Details the function of the Disclosure and Barring Service and the importance of other pre-employment checks
· Promotes ‘best practice’
|Safer Recruitment Refresher||Delivered by an accredited Safer Recruitment Trainer and aimed at those who have attended a Safer Recruitment course previously
to help you;
· Remain up to date on key safer recruitment principles
· Refresh your skills and knowledge on safer recruitment procedures
Introduction to basic Safeguarding awareness
|This introductory course aims to educate and equip people who work with children and families to carry out their safeguarding responsibilities effectively. It will focus on what child protection is, how child abuse can be recognised and how to go about reporting cases of abuse to your designated Safeguarding Officers.||2 hours|
|Group Two Safeguarding||To have an understanding of how agencies work together effectively to safeguard and promote the well-being of children.
To develop an understanding of Safeguarding Children Board’s multi-agency procedures and policies along with national legislation.
To understand case conferences, child protection and in need plans along with how within your role to help keep children safe
To look at the learning from local and national serious case reviews
|Group Three Safeguarding||This course provides a multi-agency focus on specific safeguarding subjects in more detail such as Child Sexual Exploitation, FGM and Domestic Violence.||3 hours|
|Designated Lead Training||This training is for those with a lead responsibility for Safeguarding including Designated/Lead Officers.
This course will outline your role and responsibilities as a Lead Person in your organisation.
Policy, procedures, practice, professional development within their organisation
Professional challenge and escalation
Developing a safeguarding culture
Section 11/175/157 audit requirements
|Prevent||Prevent is part of the UK’s counter terrorism strategy, preventing people from becoming involved in terrorism or supporting terrorism.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
· Understand Prevents aims
· Think about who may be vulnerable to terrorism
· See why some people are able to influence and manipulate others to commit crimes
· Recognise when a vulnerable individual may be in need of your help
· Be clear on what help and support looks like in this area, and who you should turn to if you have concerns
|Basic Child Sexual Awareness Training||• Definitions of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
• Who is at risk? National and local context
• Who are the perpetrators? National and local context
• CSE Models – national and local context
• Recognising indicators of CSE
• Recognising Additional vulnerabilities that increase risk of CSE.
• Working with young people, parents, carers and wider family members
• Affirming Local referral pathways
• Information sharing
|Safeguarding and Domestic Violence Awareness Training||• Identify what is Domestic Violence
• Exploration of the myths and stereotypes. The impact of Domestic Violence. How children are drawn in.
• The difficulties faced by people speaking out about Domestic Violence.
• Identify what is meant by safeguarding and child/ adult abuse
• Name the categories of child/ adult abuse and neglect and recognise the signs and indicators of each
• Identify the relevant legislation and guidance that provides the framework for safeguarding children.
• Know how to respond to concerns about the safety and welfare of a child/young person/ adult at risk
For more information on any of the courses or to book a course please contact Lynsey Evans on 07977599740 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.